From the Special Resolution passed by the Board of Directors at their meeting on 7th March 2005:
The Charity’s objects (the Objects) are:
For the benefit of the People of London:
- the relief of poverty.
- the relief of unemployment.
- the advancement of education, training or retraining, particularly among unemployed people, and providing unemployed people with work experience.
- the creation of training and employment opportunities by the provision of workspace, buildings and/or land for use on favourable terms.
- the provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need and the improvement of housing in the public sector or in charitable ownership provided that such power shall not extend to relieving any local authorities or other bodies of a statutory duty to provide or improve housing.
- the maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities.
- the preservation of buildings or sites of historic, architectural or industrial importance, in particular Battersea Power Station and Battersea Water Pumping Station.
- the provision of artistic, cultural and recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities.
- the protection or conservation of the environment.
- such other means as may from time to time be determined subject to the prior written consent of the Charity Commissioners for England and Wales.